Friday 7 September 2012

The Quilting Challenge

I started the year with 4 UFOs which had been sandwiched and waiting to be quilted for over 2 years and decided this would be the year I would finish them.   There were a number of reasons why I wanted to, to clear the decks because I was tired of starting quilting projects and never fully enjoying them because I knew that there were those UFOs stuffed in chest begging to be finished and used and because I was mid way through a 2 year border round robin with 11 other quilters and knew that by mid October I would receive my quilt back and it would need finishing.   UFOs piling up and up and up.

I found Leah's Free Motion Quilting Project and decided it was an ideal way to get those quilts out, finish them and improve my quilting at the same time. 

Despite my best intentions I also made two new quilts, a baby quilt for my new grand niece and a hug quilt for my sister but even so polished off 3 of the UFOs and have the final one - my round robin Mariner's Compass waiting to be transformed from an UFO to a WIP (the transition to my mind is that first stitch!).   So I'm taking up Leah's challenge of UFO Sunday and also how to design a quilting pattern for a quilt.

 UFO Sundays on the Free Motion Quilting Project



The journey begins here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of negative space to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes gulp. Interestingly I'm not so worried about the negative space - more worried about what do to about the compasses!

    ReplyDelete